This Data Science tutorial will help you in understanding what is Data Science, why we need Data Science, prerequisites for learning Data Science, what does a Data Scientist do, Data Science lifecycle with an example and career opportunities in Data Science domain. You will also learn the differences between Data Science and Business intelligence. The role of a data scientist is one of the sexiest jobs of the century. The demand for data scientists is high, and the number of opportunities for certified data scientists is increasing. Every day, companies are looking out for more and more skilled data scientists and studies show that there is expected to be a continued shortfall in qualified candidates to fill the roles. So, let us dive deep into Data Science and understand what is Data Science all about.
This Data Science tutorial will cover the following topics:
1. Need for Data Science? ( 00:50 )
2. What is Data Science? ( 05:55 )
3. Data Science vs Business intelligence ( 11:44 )
4. Prerequisites for learning Data Science ( 16:36 )
5. What does a Data scientist do? ( 24:31 )
6. Data Science life cycle with use case ( 30:17 )
7. Demand for Data scientists ( 47:17 )
To learn more about Data Science, subscribe to our YouTube channel:
You can also go through the Slide here:
Read the full article here:
Watch more videos on Data Science:
#DataScienceWithPython #DataScienceWithR #DataScienceCourse #DataScience #DataScientist #BusinessAnalytics #MachineLearning
This Data Science with Python course will establish your mastery of data science and analytics techniques using Python. With this Python for Data Science Course, you’ll learn the essential concepts of Python programming and become an expert in data analytics, machine learning, data visualization, web scraping and natural language processing. Python is a required skill for many data science positions, so jumpstart your career with this interactive, hands-on course.
Why learn Data Science?
Data Scientists are being deployed in all kinds of industries, creating a huge demand for skilled professionals. Data scientist is the pinnacle rank in an analytics organization. Glassdoor has ranked data scientist first in the 25 Best Jobs for 2016, and good data scientists are scarce and in great demand. As a data you will be required to understand the business problem, design the analysis, collect and format the required data, apply algorithms or techniques using the correct tools, and finally make recommendations backed by data.
You can gain in-depth knowledge of Data Science by taking our Data Science with python certification training course. With Simplilearn’s Data Science certification training course, you will prepare for a career as a Data Scientist as you master all the concepts and techniques. Those who complete the course will be able to:
1. Gain an in-depth understanding of data science processes, data wrangling, data exploration, data visualization, hypothesis building, and testing. You will also learn the basics of statistics.
Install the required Python environment and other auxiliary tools and libraries
2. Understand the essential concepts of Python programming such as data types, tuples, lists, dicts, basic operators and functions
3. Perform high-level mathematical computing using the NumPy package and its large library of mathematical functions
Perform scientific and technical computing using the SciPy package and its sub-packages such as Integrate, Optimize, Statistics, IO and Weave
4. Perform data analysis and manipulation using data structures and tools provided in the Pandas package
5. Gain expertise in machine learning using the Scikit-Learn package
The Data Science with python is recommended for:
1. Analytics professionals who want to work with Python
2. Software professionals looking to get into the field of analytics
3. IT professionals interested in pursuing a career in analytics
4. Graduates looking to build a career in analytics and data science
5. Experienced professionals who would like to harness data science in their fields
Learn more at:
For more information about Simplilearn’s courses, visit:
Get the Android app:
Get the iOS app: