A simple way to reduce you Google AdWords cost is by improving your click through rate.
Subscribe here to learn more of my secret SEO tips:
Find me on Facebook:
Read more on my blog:
The way Google AdWords works is that if you ad gets 10 times more clicks than your competitor, even if you are paying less, they are more likely to show your ad at the top because in total Google will make more money from you.
So if you want to improve your CTR you need to:
1. Use SEMrush – put in keywords and competitors in SEMrush. This will show you the ad text your competitors are using.
If your competitors are constantly using a specific ad text, it usually means it converts well for them.
2. Create better copy than your competitors – look at what they use and try to come up with better variations.
3. Use keywords within your copy – if you include the keyword people are searching for in your ad copy you are more likely to get clicks.
The copy needs to sound good, just adding a keyword isn’t enough.
4. Start day parting – if you are in the B2B space people are more likely to become customers during normal business hours. So only show your ads when your ideal customers are online.
For the B2C space, you can consider running your ads during all hours of the day.
5. Geo target – if you are only doing business in a certain region, then show ads only within those regions. This will help increase your overall CTR, which will reduce your ad costs.